UK FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS
0845 680 9036
HomeBuy Mortgages - Home Buy Mortgage Advice
HomeBuy is a government funded programme, of low cost affordable home ownership. It covers the following broad types of product.
- Social HomeBuy This scheme will enable tenants of local authorities and housing associations to buy a share in their current home at a discount.
- New Build HomeBuy This scheme will enable people to buy a share of a newly built property.
- Open Market HomeBuy This scheme will enable people to buy a property on the open market with the help of an equity loan.
- Key worker living Helping key workers in London, the South East and East of England to buy a home, upgrade to a family home or rent a home at an affordable price.
Are you eligible for the HomeBuy scheme?
In the First Instance, contact the HomeBuy Agent for the area you wish to purchase in.
HomeBuy helps people who wish to buy a property but cannot afford to, and those who wish to rent but cannot afford to pay market rents. It is targeted at groups such as public sector key workers or people in other priority groups, such as council or housing association tenants or those identified by Regional Housing Boards as being in priority need.
Most people we assist are first time buyers but we can also help you if you need to buy a property in a situation such as a relationship breakdown or where your household has outgrown existing arrangements.
Eligibility can vary between individual schemes and full details will be provided upon application.
The Government defined priorities for assistance under HomeBuy are:
- Social tenants
- Those on the housing waiting list
- Public sector key workers as defined under Key Worker Living in the South East
- Other priority groups recommended by Regional Housing Boards
Clinical staff employed by the NHS (some exceptions).
Qualified teachers in LEA schools and sixth form colleges, lecturers in FE colleges, children's social workers and qualified nursery nurses in LEA nursery schools only.
Police officers and community support officers including those working for the British Transport Police or the Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC) in certain areas. Some front line civilian police roles are also eligible - this varies by force
Prison officers and related grades, operational support grades, nursing staff, industrials and instructional officers working at specified locations.
Probation officers, senior probation officers, probation service officers and other operational staff (except Assistant Chief Officers) who work directly with offenders. Trainee probation officers are eligible for discounted rent properties only.
Local authority employed clinical staff, adult social workers, occupational therapists, educational psychologists, speech and language therapists, rehabilitation officers for the visually impaired and qualified nursery nurses. Local authority planners employed by the Local Planning Authority delivering statutory planning services
Connexions Personal Advisors provided that they are employed by a local authority or a Connexions Partnership. Connexions Personal Advisors employed by private or voluntary sector organisations are not eligible.
Uniformed fire and rescue staff below principal level
- Regular service personnel (i.e. regular service personnel, including - Military Provost Guard Service, in the Navy, Army and Air Force)
- Clinical staff (with the exception of doctors and dentists)
- MoD Police Officers
- Uniformed staff in the Defence Fire Service
In addition, the following group will qualify for intermediate rent schemes only:
- Full Time Reserve Service (Full Commitment)